Monday, March 26, 2007

Your love is simply insane...

Hi.

It's been awhile. Sorry...I'll try to get something up soon. And I won't even take it down the next day. I've got some stuff I'll post from my journal as soon as I type it up and look it over...

Saturday and Sunday were pretty incredible days. I did some street evangelism downtown with a small group of guys on Saturday in the rain. We didn't have any instant coverts falling to their knees and repenting, but I think we at least gave them something to think about.

I don't know how I feel about the way it went, actually. Sometimes it seems like we should all be running through the streets screaming about Jesus instead of just going about our lives like nothing is different. We slowly, subtly brought God into all of our conversations that day...which I guess worked to actually get people to talk to us...but it didn't really seem to have that much affect in the end. But more on that later. Saturday night I started a big write up on this and I'll try to finish it when I can.

Sunday was quite different. Chad had his graduation party and a handful of us were feeling silly so we went to Wally World and bought him a bunch of gifts. A ton of squirt guns, some bubbles, a kite, wicked sweet shades, bunny Peeps, and pop-rocks.

The squirt guns may have been a bad idea. They triggered the biggest water fight I think I've ever been apart of. We broke nearly all the guns, we were filling cups and buckets and soaking each other, there were water balloons(and water balloon drive-bys) and we spent maybe an hour, at least, running around getting each other wet.

It may have been a bad idea, but it was so so so much fun.

There was also a sweet ultimate game (even though we the underdogs were defeated), some skateboarding tricks, swinging, nearly bringing down a swingset, and overweight sea urchins.

I am an overweight sea urchin. I'm not too proud to admit that.

I got all tore up and my ankles are sore and my feet are pretty much raw since I was barefoot all day and I ripped up my knee but it was all worth it. It reminded me of summer days in Ohio, just having fun all day. I remember getting into water fights all the time when we lived out there...


I have some rocking scabs now. Cross your fingers that they'll scab...

I feel like I'm forgetting stuff. Oh well...

Okay, so anyways, sorry for the lack of content lately...even after I promised lots was on its way last week. I'll keep working on some stuff...I might post a ton of pictures soon...my hair's rather longer now so I may play around with different styles...the last time I did a faux hawk it looked wicked sweet.

Later llamas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah for O.S.U.A. (Overweight Sea Urchins Anonymous)!!! That was the sweetest day I've had in the longest time!

Leuke said...

Totally!! Chad's parties are always so crazy and fun...even when he doesn't plan it that way...

Anonymous said...

You're not a sea urchin. You're a slacker!

Days without posting. Shame.

Leuke said...

Like you can talk?! You haven't posted in like a week. That makes you Queen Slacker.

And besides, I'm going to have a blog up on Ecclesiastes 2 later today...