Monday, March 12, 2007

because I know you love me, you just haven't realized...

Three new poems have been posted on Fictionpress.

Embrace.

Where Did I Go?

Sunset


I'm extremely interested in opinions on the last one, as I plan to use it to open one of the novels I'm working on...so interested, in fact, that I'm going to post it here as well!

I'm ah, a bit undecided on the title, haha. Let me know what you think, young emus. New story stuff should be up tomorrow...

"Sunset, After Sunset, Descents, or Nightfall"

No flowered fields beckon me on,
No stars above guide my wearied feet.
A gentle murmur of dark thought is all I carry
As I stumble down this abandoned road.


My hands, my bloodstained hands,
Speak of the death I’ve left in my wake,
Nails pierce the beauty of eternity,
Nightfall pierces the beauty of the sun.
This starless evening, this desolate field,
This empty road, they whisper,
Calling me down…

I’m waiting for a song,
A call of music to fill the air,
Drowning the warring noise in my head,
A song to lure me home.

A descent is the easier thing by far,
Down, down, down,
to honeycombed tombs and cobwebbed sorrow.
The heart of a murderer, I’ve carefully sought,
But what I want, what I await is a song,
A song to call me home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really, really like the poem. Really.

Usually I'm very picky about my poetry. But I really like that.

It's dark. I love dark poetry.

Anonymous said...

that is awesome.

Leuke said...

Ha...dark is generally the tone for my poetry...at least the last three poems I wrote...

Glad you both like it!

Anonymous said...

I would concur by saying that I like the poem, quite a lot even, I pretty much liked everything on your fictionpress so I will read the other two as soon as I can! I might even put up some stuff on my fictionpress like I said weeks ago!