Friday, March 9, 2007

One thing I know for sure, that you will never ever let me go...

Today's been lovely. I listened to two full messages and parts of another at work.

Mr. Deloglos-- The guidance of the holy spirit
Josh Harris-- "if boys would be men, would girls be ladies"
Eric Simmons--Picture of a Godly man

I think I really like listening to messages more than once. I've listened to the first two messages twice now, and I feel like I get a lot more out of them that way...they can't go in one ear and out the other as easily. That's something I have a big problem with, but that may just be me...

...because I'm dumb.

Josh Harris is a genius...I loved his sermon...very good stuff, and I highly recommend it if you can get a hold of it!

In other news, I cleaned out my car today, and found some stuff I didn't even know I owned, including a pair of pliers, a couple of toys, a bunch of magazines, the cords for two of my video game systems, a flashlight, a couple pens I thought were lost, and a litter of kittens.

I'm off...I have to take my sister to a piano lesson, and I'm going to visit a friend, and then tonight, caregroup, woohoo! Later peeps.

But before we part...I wrote this poem in creative writing class yesterday...let me know what you think...

"Where Did I Go?"

Where did I go?
down to the celler,
deep in the earth.
where the roots spread,
fingers reaching through the soil

Searching,
the roots of the trees come to find me,
even if I run,
down into this filthy world,
of dingy glass jars and lordly spiders
Spiderweb kingdoms reign here,
and the peasants,
the flies
do not seek an audience with the nobles,
but flee it in terror.

I too flee,
but it is not the spiders I fear,
It is myself, and the dark energies,
hatred and lust and despair and pride
all follow me from sun to cellar.

I've found no solice here,
no comfort, no joy, no hope,
but rather I've buried myself,
in a tomb fit for kings,

Where the jars of old fruit
hold court with the spying trees,
Where I learn to be a corpse,
Where I learn to be a dead man,
deep in the earth, buried in a cellar.

No comments: