Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This makes me feel I'll never be quite normal...

Nothing to report today...I updated my current favorite songs list...that's all I got...

I'm thinking overhaul when spring break hits.

Oh yes!

It's almost here.

Overhaul, new poetry, new story, and new writing...woot.

I also promised a review of the new Relient K cd...I might try to follow through with that, as well as a review of The Almost's debut, which I may buy the day it comes out...

There's a bunch of good cds coming out in the next couple months...As Cities Burn, David Crowder Band, Lifehouse, Seven Places, Project 86, KJ-52, Falling Up, The Afters...wish I could afford half of them...

...and Blindside and House of Heroes are supposed to have new cds out this year too...

In other news, Skin comes out in a few weeks!

AND

Actually, that's it.

I finished Samurai 7 today. Excellent, excellent show. It's a really powerful story about seven samurai with nothing to gain that risk their lives to save a farming village from bandits and wind up bringing a whole empire to its knees. I can see why the original classic movie, the Seven Samurai, is so renowned...and why it's been redone as Samurai 7 and the Magnificent Seven...anyways, highly recommendable...but not for kids. A lot of violence and one of the samurai in particular is always carrying on really loud and he swears a lot...it's actually kind of funny...actually, I really shouldn't recommend it.

The characters were really well defined, too. Each of the seven samurai had their own distinct personality. Kyuso's my favorite...I made a picture of him my avatar on myspace...characters that hardly ever talk and can wield a sword insanely well are always cool...

Enough chit-chat...I've written way more than I planned...

Later llamas! Tons of reading to do and a story to write!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magnificent 7, isn't that a western, I think I've seen that. Also I think I will post my review on the new Relient K cd after yours to say how much it is not worth buying! lol.

Leuke said...

Yup, it's a western. I've never seen it, but now I want to...

Um.

You hush about the new Relient cd. I like it.

Anonymous said...

U should see it! I've seen it like 4-5 times and I still like it. Contrary to my feelings on Relient K

Anonymous said...

I LOVE te Magnificent 7. aiyee. Steve McQueen rocks that movie. And a lot of other amazing actors. You should totally watch it Bryson.

Anonymous said...

Naw. You should see the Dirty Dozen!

Leuke said...

Or.

Both.

Ha, I win.