Monday, March 5, 2007

That night at the theater, an impersonator died...

Hey people.

The last few days have been interesting...

Sunday...

-Mr. Deloglos gave a great message which I need to listen to again. Oh well, no use crying over spilled coffee...unless it stains the sanctuary floor...

-Lots of who's going where for lunch confusion

-Lots of who's coming to the movie confusion

-Firebowl! (tasty Asian food...very spicy...)

-Dave and I raced Derrick to see who could get to Dave's house first, and I won!*

-Halo 2 (Jesse has too much time on his hands, but luckily I am a master at sticking people with plasmas)

-Over the Hedge at Anne Marie's! (Funny movie, I wasn't too impressed, but it was pretty funny and we had lots of fun)

-Sugar cookies! (I ate Bob!)

-Weirdest, funniest/most disturbing youtube videos ever. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time...

-New plans for Lemon Guaca day related things. Chad and I are going to make up a dance...Jon Heder style...

-Rawr

On monday!! That's today! I hate mondays!! Actually, I'm in a really good mood, which is surprising, all things considered, because I threw out my back today! That's right! Totally messed it up. I don't know if "throwing it out" is the right term, though.

How it happened is rather odd. This morning at work we did truck as usual. I lifted some desktops and junk over my head, somewhat heavy stuff, no problem. Later I was taping up a furniture set (also very heavy), and suddenly as I was moving it a spasm of pain shot through my lower spine and it has been painfully sore ever since, and it gets really bad if I move too fast or try to lift anything that requires even the slightest strain on my back.

Long story short, I hurt. Really, really bad.

Short story long, I probably need to go to a doctor or a chiropractor. Liek bad. This isn't the first time this has happened. I've had back problems off and on over the last couple years, but mostly I've just ignored them, except for when it really hurts like today.

But this time was different. I don't think I should act like nothing's wrong again. I hated feeling weak this morning. There is nothing in the world I hate more than feeling weak. It got me to thinking about what it would be like if I were always like that, if my back never got better. At the moment, my livelihood depends on my back, and on being able to do hard work. And more than that...I feel so useless. As I was working I remember thinking about all the long term effects this could have on my life. I kept telling myself over and over again "God is in control, God is in control" and that he had a plan for me and that there is a reason for this.

But I also thought about how much this would change things for me...I would have to get a new job, I could never be a doctor, at least not an e.r. doctor, and I could never get married...I guess maybe it's silly, but I would feel too selfish to if I were too weak to protect and work for my family. No more ultimate frisbee, no more snowboarding, no more being active in general. For someone like me, with ADD, who can't sit still, that would be a nightmare.

But God is in control!

I know there's a reason for this, and that God wouldn't let it happen if there weren't something for me to learn. It's already been very humbling, to realize that everything I take for granted could change so quickly. Just being so weak, it's almost like fasting, in the way it is bringing me to constant awareness of God, with pain instead of hunger. Anyways, sorry for being so dramatic. That's just the way I was thinking this morning, and this is my weblog after all... I even thought about being bedridden and dying...it's funny, though, because I was and still am completely joyful...i was cracking jokes at work about my injury and I've been in a great mood all day. I'm certain I'll be fine, but if y'all could pray for my back...

Anyways, lots of new writing coming soon, new fiction, new blog on Ecclesiastes 2, and some videos...I'm buying the new Relient K cd tomorrow, so I'll also let y'all know what I think. For now, I've got homework to peel, potatoes to catch up on, and 24 episodes to get done. Or, er homework to get done, potatoes to peel, and some episodes of 24 to catch up on.

Also, I'm reading Peter Pan for the first time. Interesting book...and very, very odd. The original story is a lot better than the old disney movie...although its been so long since I saw the movie I can barely remember any of it...

And in other news, I named a chair "Fred" at work today. We got a new supervisor in Merch, and she, like all new leaders are wont to do, tried to make changes and "improve" things. For her, improvement looks like throwing away our beloved merchy chair. But guess what, we love our chair! Like Dave said, it's pretty much family...even though it has no back. It's a gray, standard office chair with no back, so it's sort of like a stool with wheels. How cool is that? In an effort to protect him, I gave him a name, because I figured you can't throw away anyone that has a name. Hence, Fred. I named the new chair Alexander. I meant it to sound sort of snooty, but I didn't succeed by any great measure...

Anyways, potatoes are calling my name. Have you ever wondered who figured out potatoes were edible? I mean, on their own, they're pretty much disgusting. At any rate, I must go. The moldy rocks await...I am go peel potatoes and dance whilst listening to David Crowder Band...but only with my toes. It hurts to move pretty much anything else, haha.

Rawr again, I say. Later, you sassy young llamas, and take your bonnets and laced umbrellas and fancy trousers with you! We've no need for such overdressed llamas here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you hurt your back--that's not fun. I totally feel your pain, having had a bad back for about a year now. I'll be praying for healing!

Anonymous said...

Hope your back is doing better today.

Peter Pan is a good book. I enjoyed it.