Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Son! This is it, this is it!

So I have a poem for you today. I wrote it yesterday in Trig when I was supposed to be listening to a lecture on section 3.5. Whoops. At first I didn't know what to do with it or call it, but then I remembered the thing I was going to do with writing a poem for every month of the year. I sort of did September, October, and November and forgot to keep up. But I didn't know what to do with this poem or even what to call it, so I decided to make it my June poem.

It's very odd. I may try to redraft a couple stanzas, but I'll let y'all tell me what you think first. I'll even guaruantee at least 24 hours before I probably take it down tomorrow afternoon. Without further ado and chatter, here it is.

"The Imminent Collapse of June"

The night followed her home.
the stars slid through a crack under the door,
and wove their way through her hair,
twinkling forlornly everywhere she went.
The night followed her home.

The darkness followed her down the sidewalk
a cloud of no-light that scattered shadows everywhere,
and blotted out the brightness of the sun.
The trees bowed with fear before her footsteps,
The Darkness following her down every lane.

At night she made friends with the rainclouds,
but lit bright fires to keep them at bay.
By the sea, on the sands of an abandoned beach,
she held court with summer storms,
and the rains followed her into town.

In the dusky breathless dawn of morning,
she left the night to its withering and decay,
as the stars rolled back under the waters of a blue sky,
and the moon quit its wild songs for the sun's cheery voice,
The day drew her back and the sun brought her home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wrote that in trig? Man, you sure were busy...

I like the poem!

Anonymous said...

When you're in trig you should be paying attention! NOT texting pictures of Jabba The Hut to Sierra! NOT writing poetry.

It was a good poem, however.

Leuke said...

I can't help it if Trig is so dull and blank sheets of paper so inviting.

Glad you both like the poem!