Sunday, July 1, 2007

This ain't no test you know I love you to death!

Long time no blog.

It's been another very interesting weekend.

Actually, a pretty good week, all in all. Very summer-y.

On Wednesday, I got the new Blindside and Family Force 5 EPs. Both are awesome, of course. Especially Blindside's Black Rose Ep. I think I could listen to Slow Motion all day...actually, all five of the new songs. The live tracks are alright. I'm sure they were great to hear in person. It's kinda cool to see hear some beats they'd never recorded before...and getting different takes on some of their best songs...but they're pretty rough, all the same.

Um um um. Wednesday I was supposed to be studying for a Trig test, but I kept getting distracted ALL DAY. I wound up hanging out with Derrick for the first time in like forever, which was a lot of fun...I hadn't hung out with Randi, his girlfriend, much at all before either...

I totally would have failed my test, but the teacher wasn't able to make it so it was postponed till tomorrow.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I really need to study! All day tomorrow, I'm going to be trying to study. I'm going to watch the Great Raid in the morning, since we rented it, then I'm going to study till I can only speak in trigonometric functions.

Whoo, I really like this FF5 song "Love you to death".

Derrick and I hung out like all day on Thursday, too...we got energy drinks and went to see Spiderman 3. I liked it better the second time. I was more...relaxed. Maybe part of it was because there were no rowdy people screaming at the screen this time. I don't know, I just enjoyed it more.

Thursday night I watched the Devil Wears Prada with my family. Not a good movie. I could go on and on about all different reasons it was bad, but I don't care enough. Just don't watch it.

Friday was sort of dull. Except for Peet's. I gave Jeremy a Walrus and a gift card for his birthday and we had Green Tea frappuchinos and our usual very odd conversations. And we hanged out Derrick and his friend some. His friend whose name I can't remember. Darn it, I'm so bad with names! I was going to buy Jeremy a Bundt cake, which they sell at Peet's(even in the Lemon variety!) and light it on fire (barring the availability of candles), but they are really expensive...

Saturday, however.

We had our regular men's meeting, as usual, then Jared and I helped the Cook men tear apart. This, as it turns out, is not an easy thing to do. All the old shingles had to be forcibly removed with a variety of sharp implements then tossed into a very large dumpster. Tossing large chunks of hot shingles made up the majority of my afternoon. I swept, too. And helped pull some nails.

AND I got to meet Jeremy's pets. They are somewhat obese. And his cat is sort of crazy. But they are both sweet. The dog, Ralphie, is sneaky. We had Good Times, and he stole our extra hamburger and tried to eat it.

It was a good learning experience. Never tore apart a roof before...

Speaking of the Cook house, there was also a party in the evening...the old talk of rival castles got involved when Nathan Fopma and I started talking about building a piratey treehouse city Swiss Family Robinson style.

Chad, Jared, Erica, and now Savannah have some of lame-o castle thing they're starting. I am the leader of a group that lives in a mobile castle that rides about on the back of an elephant. They are very jealous.

But it's great. I have no trouble recruiting people. They have oppressed peasants and we've done away with poverty, so it's not difficult to get people to join us.

Hmm, we had an ice fight too. And I'm pretty sure we did normal stuff like sit around and talk and eat, too. And we walked to a park. WITH A LAKE. As I've mentioned before (right??) I am basically half-fish. Water makes me very happy. So I was very eager to get there, and even ran ahead of everyone to get their faster.

It was sort of gross, though. The lake bed was so soft, it ate my feet and made walking kinda awkward. But water is water.

We also played in a playground, a really wicked sweet playground with a merry go round with loiterers and very dangerous swinging chairs. They had chairs on a chain and I tried to jump and almost died.

We had to wait forever, but eventually all the loiterers got off the merry go round and we were able to use it. Lots of people got really dizzy and sick at this point, except for Jared and Nate and I. We have way higher spinning tolerance than everyone else, I guess, so we kept spinning on it even after everyone else took off...except for Ruth and Sarah and Dan, who were kind of to wait while we tried extra hard to get ourselves sick.

And apparently my Erica, I mean my sister, threw up, but I missed it.

Ooooh, they had a bouncey thing that was a lot of fun, too, but I don't know what it's called. We bounced on it muchly and played bouncing games, this was a lot of fun too. I'm sort of really tired. I think it's affecting my typing.

Effecting? Maybe my typing is affecting a tired air whilst effected by my exhaustion.

Maybe...I need to go to bed. I think I will fast forward to today. Suffice to say that the party was great fun. Oh yes, I totally forgot about going to the Asian marketplace. That was great fun as well. Chad, Nate, Erica, Savannah and I met early and caused a mild ruckus in an Asian supermarket. They had live crabs and fish heads and lots of disturbingly dead animals. And weird fruits I'd never heard of. And lemonade soda, which is really good. It comes in a weird bottle with a marble in it. I spilled or exploded half of it all over the place, because I couldn't figure out the bottle. It was tasty, though. The lychee is better, though. I want a full bottle of lychee soda sometime...

I bought a weird iced coffee, too. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems very suspicious. I'll let you know how I feel about it when I drink it...

We went to Dairy Queen, too. And I actually bought ice cream! I know! Very odd for me...I was called "frugal" today when we were at Dairy Queen because I normally don't spend lots of money on extras like energy drinks and pop and ice cream...

But that was because I bought a three dollar blizzard today, which is extra out of order for me...yesterday all I got was a baby cone. I didn't even know they still made them...and they're only a dollar! That I can afford. Three dollars for ice cream is so, so not worth it. I don't care how good it's supposed to taste. What a waste of money.

But yes, good day.

And today was no exception. I had children's ministry, which involved a lot of being climbed on. Two girls in particular, Mollie and Chloe, are obsessed with getting piggyback rides from me. Obsessed. Every morning they run in and grab onto my back as soon as they get checked in. We're turning it into an outdoor thing, though. I have so little room in our classroom, I'm afraid sometime I'm going to trip and send one of the poor little dears flying across the room.

And the boys are getting violent. I got punched more this morning than I think I ever have in my life. I had it coming towards the end of the class, though. I was pretending to be a shark and I think I scared Ethan a little bit without meaning too...

Still, though. It's a lot of fun, and I really enjoy it. The kids can be really fun. And most of them are very well behaved. Far more so than some kids of the same age I've seen out in the world. Our worst kids are better than most of the world's best. They have no concrete guide on how children ought to be raised, so I guess it's only natural...

After church, Franz and I hung out for like an hour making crazy videos on his phone. Some of them turned out so awesome, I can't wait to put them up on Youtube, if we can figure out the formatting. We used some effects on his phone to make it look like we were underwater, and like it was night, and we did a couple mock video game videos too. The first of these was the best. We almost lost it and started laughing in the middle of recording it was so funny. Cell phone cameras rock!

THEN, I got Subway and a very tasty Monster Khaos energy drink and went to the field near Ashton's house and a big group played Ultimate.

It was so hot. So so so so so hot. We fried to a crisp. I am so dark and tan now. ...and sort of sunburned and pink...

I kept getting dehydrated. I wouldn't get tired so much as almost too thirsty to breath...my mouth kept drying out...but we won!! Twice! Well, there were different teams for the games, but mine won both games. Jesse and I are so unstoppable at Ultimate we have to be split up to make the game fair. At first our team was owning 7-1 till we started letting them catch up.

After that, we went to Dairy Queen and I bought a Snickers blizzard...my first in like a year...and probably my last till next summer. I was more jazzed about the water I got, really. I was so thirsty all day today. And water is so good. My exact words at the Ultimate field were "how can anyone drink water on a hot day and not believe in God?"

Then we went to the Van Hempsts(hope I'm spelling that right) and played a weird game I can't remember the name of, but it was also fun. I think I could have gotten the point of this blog across in a few sentences. It was a fun weekend. Today was very tiring. Ultimate took a lot out of me...we also explored some train tracks and found old hobo clothes and a shopping cart graveyard. I found all the broken shopping cart bits very amusing. Apparently people wheel them out there and then destroy them, for whatever reason.

TANGENTS. This is a really long blog, but I'm still leaving out details. But that's okay... I need to go to bed!! As Cities Burn rocks!

Later llamas!

No comments: