Friday, June 8, 2007

Grace make your way, make your way...

I had my first guitar lesson yesterday...

I can't decide whether I'm more excited or confused. I had to take in a lot of info about frets and finger positions and chords and piano notes and tuning and notes but I think I learned five chords! I'm getting ready to practice now...my teacher, GCC's bass player Mr. Smith, gave me a couple song sheets, too. The only easy song he could find was Brown Eyed Girl, so I guess it'll be the first song I'll learn...I'm going to feel a little silly practicing to it, especially since I have to sing, too, but oh well...Mr. Smith excepts me to sing, and if I don't practice, then I'm going to sound like a total doof next Thursday.

But.

I'm probably going to learn "I'm Calling Out" too, which seems more practical. I won't be able to woo any girls, but I'll be able to participate instrumentally in worship...

Sorry for the topic swerve, but I quit writing for awhile...

I just found out what's on the new Blindside EP!!

Not quite what I'd hoped, but I'm not really disappointed...two Blindside songs tend to be worth ten songs from other bands, case in point, I can't get enough of the crappy, live version of The Way You Dance...

So:

The Way You Dance
Pretty Nights
Fell in Love with The Game(Live)
My Alibi(Live)
When I Remember(Live)

Really looking forward to the live tracks, too. I'm pretty sure the acoustic versions of Pitiful and Sleepwalking were live. I could be wrong, but I think all three recordings will sound pretty sweet.

In other news, I found "The Hoard" (As Cities Burn) on eyetunes, which rather shocked me. They didn't breathe a word about it online or anything. I bought it right then and there...it's a pretty sweet song. Too bad the whole CD's not coming out till August...but they're posting a new song on their Myspace next week!

Hum. I need to go do other things! I'll try to post a good blog soon cheeky llamas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoohoo! That ep should be sweet.

Y'all have a good bass player. Thats cool that he is giving you lessons!

Leuke said...

Totally! He said he doesn't know acoustic guitar that well but I enjoyed my first lesson...