Monday, June 18, 2007

Hold my hand, while I'm sinking in the sand...

So.

Sorry for all the talk of writing with so little actual posting.

I've been finding it hard to make time to write, so it' been slow going with everything except my fantasy trilogy, which is no longer a trilogy at all, actually.

I decided to make it four books instead of three, because the plot was getting too big for three books, and I was starting to feel really confined when I thought about trying to pack so much story into the third book, Shadowflame. It's a notion I've actually been entertaining for quite a while, but it's just such a massive project I didn't want to step into something so daunting for my first project. But really, I feel less pressure now. For some reason it feels less necessary to write all four books at once the way it did with three.

So yes, four books. I'm really excited, because the plot just makes more sense this way. The new book will probably be called Nightshade, named for a flower that plays an important role in the final book, in healing a curse laid on one of the main characters.

That's another thing, I got a slew of new ideas today for Shadowflame. I really want to talk about it, but I should save it for some other time, since it would ruin the plot for the first two books, which are going to be pretty interesting in their own right, I should hope. Although compared to the three books that follow it, the first book is boring! I can't wait to get to the latter three books in the uhhhh Quadrilogy?

I'm still trying to decide whether to post a song or not. I have a few I'm working on. Eventually, when I get better at playing guitar, I'd like to work out chords and a melody and the like for them, but that's dependent on my learning to play. I don't know about singing. For some reason, even though I hate the sound of my own voice, I sometimes like the way it sounds when I sing. I don't think I'm a very good singer at all, but I'd still like to try it some.

Bum bum bum. The same goes for pretty much everything. I have blogs, poetry, and fiction I could post, just not sure if I want to. I've nothing yet rivaling Cain, for sure.

So yes, a full update about not posting anything...I seem to excel at these.

Later lamermines, sons and daugters of llama and ermine.

No comments: