Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Within the next three or four hours, I should have something up. Probably just song lyrics or a poem. I'm back at work on Cain, and redrafting the second chapter from the ground up (similar to what I did multiple times with chapter one) so it's taking time, but I finally feel like I'm making progress, assuming I can link all the different elements together properly. This chapter is less linear than the last. It has flashbacks and even a flash-forward, making it more complicated...Putting it all together is like making soup, you have to get all the ingredients in all the proper increments or it's going to taste disgusting. Also, which may or not make you all happy, I think the tone is going to be a little more sparse, with less of the whimsical, abstract metaphors. A little more so. It's something I want to build as the story progresses, so that with each chapter the tone is changing.

Long long paragraph. Later llamas. I have trig in 26 minutes! Yuck! See you soon...

No comments: