Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Focus on the horizon, men, should you grow seasick...

Hi.

I got sick of my old look, so I changed it. Dunno how I feel about dots, so I may change it. Let me know how y'all like it. I think dots is a lot better, but I may look for something I like better still. All that blue was just...bleh, it got really bland after awhile.

Also, if there are no objections, I've going to remove my music player. Blogger keeps cutting it off, and I don't like taking the time to mess with it too much, so I can't change the songs that often. I'll keep it if anybody likes, but otherwise it is gone. Same with the facebook badge, it is serving no purpose.

So, here's a little schedule for my blogging. With any luck I'll actually stick with it.

Today: lyrics

Tomorrow: Devotional blog, if it seems fit for posting.

Thursday: New poem or song. I've got a good number of both that I haven't posted yet.

Friday: New fiction. Hoping to have a bit of either Sunset or Cain done soon. We'll see how things go...

I've been cleaning out my room today, and going through all my junk. I own a massive number of books. I think I'm going to get rid of some stuff. Maybe not any books, though. May post something on myspace or facebook to see if anybody wants some of the things I have that need to go...I don't know, anyways.

As I have stated, I like the new As Cities Burn song. I've also said I wanted to post the lyrics. They've really made me think. At church and caregroup, we've been talking about false gospels and how we try to justify ourselves through works, and I think this song was written with similar thoughts in mind...

"This Is It, This Is It"

focus on the horizon, men
should you grow seasick
but don't expect silhouettes
of rescuer ships coming

coming, they arent coming for us

we've got prices on our heads
and millstones around our necks
we try to live forgiven but they won't let us forget
the bodies we're still in
the bodies that we still war against

son, this is it, this is it
you're gonna sink for your sins
unless grace be the wind
son, this is it, this is it
we're all sinking for our sins
unless grace be the wind

forget about being honest
forget about being passionate
wear that smile like you feel it
even when you don't
forget about being honest
forget about being passionate
i think they forgot about Jesus
seeking us out

in the bodies we're still in
the bodies we still war

son, this is it, this is it
you're gonna sink for your sins
unless grace be the wind
son, this is it, this is it
we're all sinking for our sins
unless grace be the wind
to fill our sails

-As Cities Burn

So...speaken you, let me know what you think...later ligers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're ligers now?

Leuke said...

Yes, at least temporarily. It's a package deal. Dots and ligers.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, not crazy about the dots. But I do like it better than the old layout.