Saturday, June 16, 2007

Oodles of Toy Poodles

I'm back from the camping.

It was pretty sweet. I don't feel like sitting at the computer much longer, so I'll have to write about it later. Hopefully I can type up and put the finishing touches on some other stuff too...

Maybe I'll just talk about it now. It was a wonderful trip, very refreshing, just being out of the busyness and work and school and everything. Worship was great. Devotions this morning were also really sweet. I hiked way up this trail by myself and just prayed and read my bible. God was really moving in my life this weekend, in somewhat subtle ways, just teaching me to listen to God and trust Him.

The stars were incredible, you could see thousands. Last night a little group of us laid out and stargazed...and satellite gazed...you could see quite a few satellites, too. And we saw some shooting stars. Eric got to wish on the first one, but Deborah and I wouldn't let him wish on the next one. We both wished on it really fast so he couldn't. Supposedly there were bats, too. But I didn't see any. And I don't think anybody tried to wish on them. I don't know what bat wishes would even do. You'd probably explode, or turn into a caterpillar.

And we had smores, and leaping over streams, and swinging at a random playground, and scaring Ashton with stories, and we roasted twizzlers on the fire, and jousting, among other things. I slept in my car. I wanted to sleep in a tent, but it filled before I went to bed at like 1. It wasn't bad, though. I have a comfy car.

As usual, i'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but I have coffee waiting and stuff to clean, so I must be off. Later llamus.

No comments: