Monday, August 30, 2010

Discard Time

"Discard Time"

Every morning I hear a noise,
the clock calls me from slumber,
breaks apart every dream,
like sunlight burning away fog,
and scattered clouds.

All I ever hear about is time,
lives ruled by the ticking,
by the resounding alarms,
12 numbers that tell us when to
do what we do,
go where we go,
sleep when we sleep

But I've been thinking,
what if we could discard time?
What if we let go of all the years,
the seconds,
the minutes,
the hours
Would we miss anything?

If we've really got forever,
does it matter what time it starts?
If we've really got forever,
why does it matter when we stop?

I would never burn one precious word,
nor a page, or a beautiful book,
but I wonder what would be borne from the chaos
if we burned all our wristwatches,
and unplugged every alarm clock.

I want to discard time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.