Monday, August 23, 2010

Untitled Poem

Here's a new poem and another oddity. Let me know what you think. I guess this one is sort of like a story. Enjoy... hopefully!!

"Untitled #6"

Somebody told me there's a secret,
to weaving straw and turning it precious,
but I haven't the skill in my fingers,
nor the drive.
Such material trappings,
have never motivated me.

Somebody told me to spin them a coat,
born of the finest gold,
but I'd rather spin you a dress,
to match your beautiful voice,
the songs of a wayward angel,
that hover around your head,
the words that are finer than precious stones.

Sing to me a melody that never falters,
while the silver flutes play a tune
that will make all these colored yarns,
dance through the air,
in thoughtlessly beautifully entangling patterns,
endlessly intricate tapestries,
weaved in every one of a million colors

Sing to me a song of golden thread,
a cord that cannot be cut,
a bond that could never be broken,
the love between you and me,
that no man can sever.

No comments: