Saturday, September 4, 2010

If You Trust

New poem. Let me know what you think.

"If You Trust"

If you trust in your lungs,
take a deep breathe and dive on in
but the ocean goes on for miles,
and the surface may not be waiting
on the other side,

If you trust in your heart,
follow this winding path
you've set yourself on,
but I don't think it ever ends,
it just meanders in circles into eternity

I trusted my hand,
would be filled with the hand of another,
but my hands are empty now,
and I can't trust them to guide me,
down these dark hallways

I don't trust my eyes,
because I can't see the way,
quite so clearly,
I don't trust in my feet,
because they stumble
ever so easily

I trusted my hand,
would be filled with the hand of another,
but my hands are empty now,
and I can't trust them to guide me

I trust in the one who's holding my heart,
I trust in the one who's got me
in the palm of their infinite hand,
a hand that will never lose its way,
a heart that can't be led astray,
an eye that never wavers.

If you trust in yourself,
let go of everything you know,
and trust in this one thing
we can all be sure of.

Jesus.

No comments: