Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don't Sleep Yet

Ahem. Another new poem. I am on a roll lately...

"Don't Sleep Yet"

Wandered awake for so long,
Our weary legs can hardly handle another step,
but how far is far enough,
beneath deep forest song and waterfall sigh,
will we find our rest here?
How far is far enough?

Don't sleep yet,
you know we've got so far to go,
Don't sleep yet,
if we nod off now we may never make it
I'll carry you if you need me to,
you can rest your cheek on my shoulder,
but please my dear,
don't fall asleep yet

Muscles feeling like worn out strings,
on a moss covered violin,
The world curves endlessly before you,
and you don't know if you'll ever find home,
but I swear it's around the next corner,
if we can make it just another mile or so.

Beyond fields of wheat tall as trees,
there's a place of endlessly rolling hills,
where I'll fall into the embrace
of a sweet green grass and cornflower sky
and with you beside me I'll sleep
Till the sun dances with the moon,
and our dreams carry us off
to the faraway worlds we've longed for.

Don't sleep yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really REALLY like this poem Bryce...

Leuke said...

Thank you, Hannah. ^_^