Monday, August 16, 2010

Sanctuary

This poem has been on my heart for a few days now... I just recently found the time and the words to put it in ink.

"Sanctuary"

I've been searching for a home,
a safe place to rest through fire and flood,
but everyone everywhere just turns me out,
I know there's an endless desert,
where the sun never sleeps,
and the footing is never sure,
I have wandered all these wastelands,
and I'm begging you now for a little rain.

Could you be my sanctuary,
could this be my standing place
could you be my fortress,
I need something I can depend on,
because as far as I can see,
it's all just sand and storm out here,
a world in chaos,
you who speaks a word
to melt the hearts of hurricanes,
I need you now,
could you be my sanctuary?

There's a world beyond our hearts,
a place of solid rock,
an infinite wood to shelter in,
where I can be free from all these sorrows,
and tears are lost in rosy morning mist,
let the sadness melt away with the snow,
and fall into the embrace of the endless limitless love,
A sanctuary that will never fail.

No comments: