Sunday, April 8, 2007

To Busy For God?

I hate typos.

Just thought I'd let you know.

I bought the Almost's new cd today. It's really, really good. I'll try to write a review for it soon...

Lots happened this weekend...I'll try to post a bullet-style blog mentioning some stuff tomorrow...or Monday...

Today I have a little something I wrote in my journal last week...let me know what you think and maybe I'll post it on lifteyes...and maybe more stuff from my journal...I'm not confident it's good but I'll post it anyways and then take it down if I don't like it...typing up a blog a few minutes before 1 is probably a bad idea...

Proverbs 7, one and two say "My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you; keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye."

I so desperately need to learn to treasure the commands of God more deeply. So often I forsake spending time with God for lesser things. Time with friends and family, homework, my job. All of these are important, a vital part of my life, but if I'm not regularly putting myself before God and reading the Word and praying daily and seeking out His will and what will bring Him glory, I can't effectively engage in anything. And certainly I can't lead, not in any useful capacity.

A life lived without seeking God and treasuring His word and all the wisdom that can be found in it is a life running in circles. You can try to move all day but without God you won't budge an inch. I cannot learn to live a less selfish existence without God teaching me what it means to count others more significant than myself. I can't learn to worship God with my whole life if I am not properly focused on the object of that worship.

The Bible is a gift to be treasured, and devotions are to be treasured, because God is to be treasured! He is more important than work, than sleep, than anything. Never let the snooze button come between you and five more minutes with God! I can never, ever let myself thing I am too tired for God, too lowly for God, or too busy...we are never to busy for God because our life should be about Him. What's the apple of our eye? God, or something smaller?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a good blog. Clear, and definitely one people can relate to (for me anyway). I say post it on Lifteyes....whatever that may be :P

Anonymous said...

Sweet stuff! Man, I've been kind of down lately, but this, the sermon by David, and my devotions yesterday are bringing amazement back into my life for the gospel! HE IS RISEN INDEED!!! And because He is risen we have the opportunity to meet with Him daily!