Thursday, April 5, 2007

I'll just believe that I was all displaced...

Sorry, still working on my blogs...

BUT

I wrote four poems in Creative Writing...

For the first, the assignment was to write about a memory from our childhood, and I wrote about falling and hitting the ground really hard.

The second is weird. I'll leave you to figure that one out. The assignment was to write about an object with meaning to us.

I think the third speaks for itself...the assignment was to write about someone we hate.

"Airborn"

Fly,
high above the grass,
king for one breadth of time.

Float,
The dandelions bow before you,
the wind pulls at your hair.

Descend,
ruinous gravity holds you fast,
your empire is toppling.

Crash,
your reign is at an end.
Falling never kept a man aloft.

"Where Are You?"

Every word a portal,
they wait, designing to hold you breathless
Crumbled, dust-thick pages fearlessly call your name.
bravery born of life in the dark corners.
Prowling the shelves, waiting
Prowling, waiting, yet silent.
Countless rows fill these echoing halls,
A massive amphitheater, all eyes on you.
Prowling, waiting yet perhaps not so silent
They speak to call you,
to lure you into false worlds,
places drowsy and heavy-lidded,
Where wonder sleeps like an exhausted child,
Where every light in the city has gone out,
Until your presence breathes fresh life,
awakening heroes lost in battle,
dragons lost in slumber.
Where once there was a key for every door,
there now lies naught
but the one in your own hands,
Sift through the words with your fingers,
redeem what has been lost,
for the mist that shrouds this land shall melt before the sun

"Me, Me, Me"

Inner enemy,
ghosts linger under my skin.
My soul was brought to life,
A billion lanterns illuminate my heart,
yet shadows are born under the lamplight.
Flesh is crawling,
it slithers like a snake,
Words are a balm,
as the peeling begins,
but only your words,
your love
They hold me together,
while the dead falls apart.

No comments: