Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I've slept in the belly of the beast, now I'll sleep under your wings...

Okay, so here we go.

First, if anyone's curious, I got the name for my blog from a House of Heroes song I really like called "You Are the Judas of the Cheerleading Squad"

"I've slept in the belly of the beast
Now I'll sleep under your wings
Forged in the fire and the fire it burns in me"

Yes, weird title. The title is actually about turning your back on the world...

Anyways.

Hi.

I said this was going to be a new beginning of sorts for me, so I suppose I should explain myself a bit. This is going to be a little harder than I thought. It really feels awkard introducing myself...

I'm just going to start typing, and we'll all hope for the best, okay?? Not off to a good start. I just typed a bunch and then backspaced because I didn't like it. Sooooo. I'm mainly going to try to use this space to write out of my devotions.

I love God!!

He saved me from sin and self-destruction and sadness through the death of His son and I've given my whole life over to Him. I want to honor Him and speak of Him with as many words as possible, as carefully thought out and helpful as possible.

AND

I'll probably write about what's going on in my life as well...I like to write about caregroup and hanging out with my peeps and stuff, too...and occasionally I try my hand at creative nonfiction and attempt to put a funny spin on things...well, most things are just naturally funny. Hearing my laugh come out of a mechanical parrot? Funny, and requiring no help from me to be so.

"We're on a bridge, Chad!"

Okay, sorry. Terribly sorry, back on track.

I'm also an aspiring writer of fiction, so I may post stories and story ideas, talk about what I'm writing, and maybe also post some poetry. I write poetry and songs from time to time, and they mostly suck, but thus far, this hasn't even slowed me down. Sorry again.

Most of you know what to expect from me, if not all of you. Lots of randomness...

I'm really excited about my sidebars. I can do all sorts of lists and stuff. And links! I can link to whatever I want now!! If anybody wants to see any websites up there, let me know! I'll gladly add anything...if you have a website I WANT it up there, so don't be shy!!

Also, I welcome any and all comments...I love hearing from people...whether it's "Sweet, dude" or a novel to rival War and Peace in length. Even if I don't know you! Go for it!

...I think that's all I wanted to say.

Normal blogging shall ensue.

The last few days have been totally awesome. On friday, the girls in my caregroup made us dinner and honored us and gave us some tasty rice crispy treats with notes attatched. I'll have to post a picture of the note...I would post a picture of the rice crispy treat, but it didn't last long enough for such things. It's funny that we were given food. We gave the girls flowers for the valentine's day dinner we did, and this reminds of something Josh Harris said in one of his books. Girls like flowers, guys like food...anyways, it was totally sweet and we had a good time.

I'm sure there's more I could say...but we must move along steadily...

I say "totally" too much. I need to buy a lemur and carry it around on my back. Then I'll train it to slap me everytime I say totally twice in one paragraph.

Or a sawtooth ostrich! Sorry, inside joke. Just picture an ostrich slapping me with its beak.

Sunday I had children's ministry at Church and made a castle out of blocks, and a little girl proclaimed me a princess. And she invited me to her birthday party. Woot.

And we played Ultimate Frisbee this Sunday! It rocked, even though we lost. I got my first diving catch! Woot.

Last night we had our second annual Crazy Hair Party...I've got pics of my hair with three different styles, the last one colored pinkish purple. Last year we did green, this year pink. I'll explain more later when I post some pictures. I've got a ton of pictures. I'm glad my hair is kinda long now. It's so much easier to do crazy things with longer hair...Chad was limited on what he could do...

I love all our weird traditions. So much fun. Chad and I decided we're going to dress up as cowboys for Spiderman 3. We needed an excuse to wear cowboy hats and we wanted to dress up for the movie, so we decided to just combine the two. Not into superhero costumes, personally...not into cowboy duds either, but it'll be fun.

In other news, I bought Underoath's new cd "Define the Great Line" last week. I'm currently addicted to "In Regards to Myself". I like Tobymac's new stuff, too. I have a preorder on his new cd, and I'm off to pick it up now! I'll let y'all know what I think.

Anyways, hopefully not all my entries will be as long and rambely as this one, but I'm sure it'll happen. My next few posts should be fairly focused...I've got some thoughts I'm really wanting to write out...

Until then, later llamas!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly--I'm not sure I followed a single thing you said. Why? It's not because of the fragmented thought processes, it's the cold meds. I am usually able to follow the random and trailing patterns of your blogging. Not today. Maybe tomorrow. [grins]
Don't worry, be happy. Friday's your lucky day.

Leuke said...

Ha, you and your cold meds. Hmm. Maybe on Friday I'll write a coherent blog for the first time ever!

Long after the fact, I'm going to laugh really hard if friday is like the worst day of our lives.

Anonymous said...

It would be really ironic if Friday were horrible. Well...My Tuesday was pretty bad, so Friday would have to be seriously awful...Maybe we'll win money?

Leuke said...

If that's your idea of bad luck, I'm not worried! Ha. Maybe we'll have nothing to eat at caregroup but mayonnaise.

Anonymous said...

That would be hell on earth if mayonnaise was the only thing to eat...I'd rather starve, lol.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, same here. I mean, what if you accidentally use the devil's mayonnaise and ingest his b.o.?

Anonymous said...

Haha!! I had forgotten about that, Satan's deodorant. *snorts* 2006, good memories.

Hmm, a slash at the end makes a myspace link not work...I did not know that.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I remember hearing "Were on a bridge Chad!" Candy Mountain! Candy Mountain! I wish I could have made it to ULTIMATE on Sunday, but I was glad I was able to see Anne Marie. Well this comment will not be a "War and Peace" comment.