Sunday, January 23, 2011

New poem

Guess I had a little more in me. This poem is pretty similar to my other recent writing. Blah blah filler for buzz and rss feeds blah blah let me know what you think blah blah blah. Chapter Seven of the Unstoppable blah blah almost blah finished blah blah.

"Both Eyes Black"

I heard a siren in the walls,
a calling from beyond the veil.
There was a song with sweeter words,
waiting just beyond the lantern light.
With my eyes closed I stepped into the darkness

Now I've got both eyes black,
and I can't see straight enough to walk,
lost in the dark,
I'm feeling my way,
don't know left from right
but I'm feeling my way.

Life gave me a beating,
fists in the face,
kick in the gut,
but I keep my spine straight,
because I know I don't need my eyes to see.

There was a great far thing,
I would have given all my blood for once,
but the payment wasn't in blood,
only pain.
if love assuredly is blind,
then perhaps my bruises
are meant to show me,
that great far thing I lack

Now I've got both eyes black,
and I can't see straight enough to walk,
Lost in the dark and feeling my way,
don't know up from down,
but I found your hand in the shadows,
and I'm not letting go.

No comments: