Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New poem #2

Ok... yes another poem. Guess I am on a roll right now. I am less conflicted about this one. I think I really like it. As always... let me know what you think. As to the meaning... hmmm.

Also... disclaimer: contrary to what these two somewhat dark, intense poems might suggest, I am not in any sort of emotional turmoil right now. Tonight's writing has been very cathartic though, I must say.

"Lacerate"

I've got lacerations on my hands,
a new scrape on my cheek,
raw red knuckles,
and bruises hiding beneath the surface,
violent purple storms just waiting to break,

If there's one thing I've learned
about me and you,
there's a razor wire wall
keeping us a apart,
I can't get closer,
without getting sliced up,
but I'm pushing through,
Close my eyes,
grit my teeth.
and tear my flesh apart.

It's dangerous persistence,
letting knives and needles embrace my skin
an iron maiden in the making,
there's pain like you ain't seen,
but I'm not letting go,
I'm not looking back.

My sacrifice is my survival,
I will never turn back,
I will give up everything,
to lose myself in this.
To push through the pain
out the other side,
where only my heart remains,
where I won't need my skin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow well written...both of them. I'm super impressed, and I like it. A little dark, yes, but as to the meaning, hmmm?

Leuke said...

Why thank you dear sister.

Anonymous said...

Certainly superb mail guys, been following your blog in regard to 3 days today and i should suggest i am starting to like your post. and in this day how do i subscribe to your blog?
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]