Sunday, January 23, 2011

Another poem.

So all my poems lately have been kind of dark, so I set out to write something a little lighter, to better communicate the way I feel. This poem was born, and I think I really really like it.

"Rumors of My Demise"

Rumors of my demise,
I tell you truthfully,
have not been exaggerated,
they've been truer than,
I'd ever care to admit
because I died once,
Right before your eyes,

I had a new truth,
to bring me back to life.
They told me to store your words,
like golden treasures,
so I hid them deep in my head,
and turned them into stories
and now I'm letting them fly one by one.

Open the shutters wide my dear,
we'll celebrate the day
with glad hearts,
I'll sing of every happy memory,
I kissed my gravestone goodbye,
kissed my good luck good night,
because I don't need luck anymore,
I have love I can't understand,
and that will be infinitely enough,
to be forever overwhelmed
by infinity and enough.

No comments: