Monday, July 2, 2007

It falls apart, everything around me, when I walk away from you...

Wow, that last blog was really long! And I'm not sure I really said anything. I shouldn't blog at the end of the weekend when I'm really tired. Ever. And I didn't even mention swimming. Ashton has a pretty wicked sweet pool. Nate, Preston and I had a good time trying different jumps and rolling around and such.

In other news, the new Thousand Foot Krutch song "Falls Apart" is pretty rocking. I really like it. Their new CD could be awesome. I'm also excited to hear a new As Cities Burn song, which is going to be posted tonight at 11.

And!! T.L. Hines, my second favorite living Christian fiction author, has his second book coming out this month, "The Dead Whisper On", this I am also excited about...good, new fiction is hard to come by these days.

Um, I've got new writing! A new poem, a new song, and more on the way. Trig is good for my writer's blog!!

I'll post the poem in day or two. It's my "July" poem. Also!! I've decided to turn the last song I posted, which I believe I called "Open Your Eyes" or something(it never had a title I liked) into my January poem. This is a little out of the ordinary since I have written all my month poems in that actual month, but since the song is about being born and I was born in January, it seems appropriate.

Today I'll post the song. Hopefully I will not succumb to the temptation to take it down. I'm sure it's rough and in need of work... The second stanza would be the chorus. The first verse won't really make sense until you read the last...it might help if you just read it like a poem.

"A War of Oceans"

The tide pulls at my feet,
Stars shine above as I stand before the sea,
water stretches on forever before me,
I'm getting soaked but don't even notice,
I could drown and not even know,
I've fallen fast asleep.

All these slow motion dreams,
just drift by endlessly as I wonder without you,
Every dream lures me into deeper sleep,
I think I'm afraid to wake up,
because I don't know if you'll be there when I do.

City lights glow like fallen stars,
I'm just drifting from one nightmare to the next,
switching trains at every stop,
sleepwalking to evade these crying alarms,
sleeptalking only to whisper your name.

The clock tries to wake me,
and the sun tries to warm me
but I'm numb in my endless sleep
and your song is only loud to the waking ear.

Out to the beach I've crept,
to fight this war of oceans,
The strength and war of your power,
combating this vast sea of dark slumber,
A tarry ocean of black filth,
Head on with your sunlit beauty
and all I can do is open my eyes,
for the first time open my eyes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that song. I do, indeed.

Leuke said...

Thanks. :D