Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lungs filling up with water, I’ll scream for you…

“Ambient Air”


In a green cool clear lake,

In a rushing river pulling at my feet

At the bottom of a screaming waterfall,

Lungs filling up with water, I’ll scream for you.



I’ll wait, I will, I will wait for you.

Truth and praise upon my lips.



In the dry desert winds that blow,

In the heat, the baking sun

In this flesh so damaged and hurting,

Throat caked with grit and sand, I’ll scream for you



I’ll wait, I will, I will wait for you,

Patience and praise upon my lips.



In an open field of waving grass,

Drowning in the ocean’s lure and grasp,

Under blue sky and orange-pink sunset,

Lost in forests of dark wind-tossed waves of leaves



Breathing out songs in my lungs, I wait for you

Love and praise upon my lips.

No comments: