Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Newer poem.

I wrote another new poem. This is my now customary intro to keep the poem from being jammed into a paragraph on Buzz, which I do not like. I wrote it late last night, reflecting on the idea of darkness meeting light, a common enough songwriting foil.

"Twilight"

I've always been told,
things will get better,
when the darkness meets the light,
but that only happens twice a day.
In with the dawn,
out with the dusk.

If I miss the sunrise,
if the day slips past my eyes,
will you still be there,
when the sun's about to go down?
Say you'll be there,
say you'll be there

Twilight is taking root in my mind,
following the rout to go numb,
I think the gray is winning out,
losing my way amongst
shades and shadows,
But I can't forget your face.

I'll close my eyes,
ignore the light,
ignore the stars
and keep my focus,
on something more permanent
than days or seasons or years
I'll keep my focus
on the one thing I love.
I'll keep my focus on you.

No comments: