Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Poem

This is my introduction. I wrote a poem tonight. I am mostly typing because I don't like it when Buzz crams lines from my poems into a paragraph. Poems must be taken in whole. You can't just read one sentence. The first few sentences alone of this poem could be kind of depressing, but it's really not that kind of poem at all, so that mushed paragraph misrepresents me, doesn't it?? Well I think this is long enough.

"The Infinite Blue"

It isn't lead weights pulling me under,
I don't have the need,
it's just my own sense of misdirection,
faulty as ever
It's just the weight of my confusion,
my sadness and pain,
all the things I don't need to have

Where is the sunlight,
where's the sea floor?
Does it even matter?
I can't tell anymore
it's all just blue,
infinite blue
nothing more and nothing less

I sink to the bottom,
cutting my feet on the rocks below
why do we always cut it so close
when it feels like life is waiting
maybe a few miles deeper

There's no oxygen here,
but I think maybe
if I could teach my lungs just right,
they'd love this water
and maybe I don't have to drown,
for one more second.

So as the fish and whales watch,
why don't you take my hand,
kick off your shoes,
let it all go,
and we'll swim away,
into the infinite blue.

No comments: