Sunday, November 14, 2010

Untitled #7

New poem. I have lost count of how many untitled poems I have written, but I am reasonably sure this is number seven. If it's not... then I have two poems with the same title, not the end of the world.

"Untitled #7"

Never have I understood this thing
they call sacrifice,
never have I known,
how to close my eyes
give my all,
but if you can teach me
I'm willing to learn.

Teach me how to give,
tell me how to love,
and what does it mean,
this crazy talk
of dying to myself
I know there's so much,
that I'm missing in my shutterspeed life,
moments pass in the blink of an eye
here
gone
here
gone
here
gone

Give up an eye or an arm
I swear it's worth it
Sacrifice your eyes,
because we're all blind anyways
and when one eye closes
to the sins of this midnight world,
does it open,
to beautiful golden light?

If I'm blind,
maimed and mute,
may my tongue rejoice,
clap my hands for joy,
and let my eyelids
follow my lips into a smile
For I do not need
beauty in my skin,
I need it to behold.

Let my eyes rest on you,
and you're all I need.

No comments: