Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Poem #2

I wrote another poem today. Inspiration for the beginning and end came in church, but the thoughts in the middle have been floating in my head for a couple days. I think it turned out well but I haven't made up my mind yet. Let me know what you think as always...

"Out the Way We Came In"

Do you ever wonder,
if we'll go out the way we came in,
a short drop through dark water
into blinding light and watchful eyes
Sometimes I wonder
who will be there,
when I go out

If I am unclean,
have I no place in eternity?
If my sins are never washed away,
will I ever find a home?
Do I close my eyes in vain?

I know that I am filthy,
every inch of skin covered in grime,
save for the tracks my tears have wiped clean,
I am filthy all through

If my feet are worn and dirty,
can You wash it all away?
If my hands are callused and broken,
can You wash it all away?
If my flesh is bruised and endlessly weary,
can You wash it all away?
If my eyes have dissolved to tears,
could You make them tears of joy?

Sometimes you might wonder,
if we'll go out the way we came in,
a short drop through dark water,
into blinding light and watchful eyes,
sometimes you might wonder,
if there will be a hand to hold,
through the black
but I know we'll go out the way we came in,
caught up in the arms of one,
who will never let us go

2 comments:

brella said...

I love that last line "but I know we'll go out the way we came in, caught up in the arms of one, who will never let us go" really cool! good job :)

Leuke said...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! That's my favorite part too. ^_^