Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A penny for my thoughts, oh no I'll sell 'em for a dollar

Hi.

Life has been crazy lately. Crazy good mostly. I woke up super early this morning and I've had a really productive day. I finished off chapter ten of my book (still haven't worked much on getting published), ran, and got some Bible time in, among other things. I've been working harder lately at keeping up with the spiritual disciplines and the result has been fairly amazing. It's so much easier to keep things in perspective when you're pursuing God every day and opening yourself up to be taught and spoken too.

This is a new development, something I was inspired to change in the first meeting of the small group I joined at my new(ish) church, Red Rocks Church. I was also inspired to buy a study Bible. I am very anticipateious of its arrival in the mail. Come on Borders!!

So. I've been writing a lot of poetry lately. I've got another new poem I wrote but haven't posted yet. I've also got several chapters of Child of Thunder waiting in the wings, so if anyone is wanting to do some reading, drop me a comment. In other news, I'm thinking it's time to write another funny short story sometime soon. It's been a long time, hasn't it??

In other other craziness news, I work nights now. I haven't even started and I already detest it. It just starts too early, so it's going to disrupt my life in fairly unwelcome ways. I think it's about time for me to find a new job. If you hear anything...!!

Current reading:

-Isaiah (with a little help from one Matthew Henry)
-The Priest's Graveyard by Ted Dekker
-The Purple Book
-The Best Question Ever by Andrew Stanley

Current listening:

"With Shivering Hearts We Wait" -- Blindside
"In Rainbows" -- Radiohead
"The Eraser" -- Thom Yorke
"The Band Perry" -- The Band Perry (Yes, country music!!)
"Greetings From Michigan" -- Sufjan Stevens
"Far" -- Regina Spektor
"Water Colors" -- Swimming With Dolphins
"Our Graceful Words" -- Sent By Ravens

If you know of any good worship music, drop me a line. I need something new to listen to besides David Crowder Band and Phil Wickham...

No comments: