Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Saturday Ember

For today's update I have a poem for you, one I wrote for Child of Thunder. Various characters sing different verses throughout the story. It's one of my favorites, but you'll have to let me know what you think!

All lost and hurting children,
Wandering this vagabond life,
In deepest ocean and furthest fen,
In silent forest and desert strife,
Come to this place where hope can dwell,
Lament no more.

In a realm where white flowers bloom,
o'er grassy knolls lost in time,
we found a place where hope can dwell,
so lament no more,
...when all is darkness,
do not shed a tear
we have a place where hope can dwell.

Heaven is calling you home,
All these lost places you have roamed,
Dark and dreary,
Oh it was never your home, my love
There was nothing there for you,
But a journey back to me,
Back to a place where hope will always dwell.