Saturday, September 8, 2012

Other new poem


"Shoot the Moon"

Shoot the moon,
Or settle for less,
Which will it be?
Our lives are made of choice,
We choose who to be,
And how we live,
And all that we live for
What will you choose?

Every breath is another chance,
A new choice, a new way to live
And I want to shoot the moon.
If this is romance we're lost in,
I don't want to turn back,
I want to press on
I would rather give my all,
And turn every minute into something new

An out of focus life,
Less of me, more of you,
More of everyone else
Focus not on self,
But on the people all around me
Shoot the moon,
Die for your convictions,
Or just die to yourself,
It'll be worth it before the end,
We'll say we may not have done everything right
But we always tried.
We always shot the moon.

No comments: