Saturday, September 8, 2012

New Poetry


"Between Here and Home"

I'm in between here and home,
Lost lines and lover's lies,
I can't go back,
But there's such a long way to go
Between buried life and married,
Between here and home

I don't know what the future holds,
I only know it never ends,
It never stops.
I'll travel forever,
Trawling the depths of ink and paper,
Trying times and tiring trouble,
Typing times and turning seasons
Older and younger, I'm always changing
In two directions
Like splitting atoms

Who's to love me? Who's to say?
We can't know what the future holds,
It's a slow journey with shared destinations
But I'm so curious, so impatient
And oh
so lonely
But I love to travel,
And I love the journey,
I see so much lovely
So much beauty

You've given me the one thing I desire,
Most of all,
Though I forget it sometimes
All I really ask is that the journey never stop
And that's all you’ve promised me,
We can't know who or when
Where or why
We just know it's for always

The journey never stops
So between here and home,
Lover's lines and lost lies
Let's love with all we have,
For on this never ending journey,
Every breath is precious,
Let us love like every minute matters,
Let us love like the journey never ends

No comments: