Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Incoherency

Two short poems. I wrote them while I was waiting on Borders to open last Friday. They're not very good at all, but I felt sorry for them so I decided to post them anyways.

"Slightly Incoherent #1"

What have we come to?
My eyes are heavy,
my legs worn and weary,
the hills watch as I wander,
aimlessly through these asphalt seas
down the tired tire treads,
of ten thousand worker bees,
lonely and lonelier still,
my heart aches this morning
but like the sun on my face,
joy is alive in me.

"Slightly Incoherent #2"

What have we come to?
Only the clouds are free,
to float unhindered
but they wither,
unhindered.
Crying their tears upon us,
as they give up their lives
to make the world grow greener,
as they weep from the sky,

while the stars watch and wait,
for Summer's change to shine again,
we dance in the rain,
joy born of death,
joy comes from dying every time,
I'd gladly give my life for this,
I'd gladly give my life for you.

No comments: