Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Lemon Guaca Day!!

Our fourth party, hard to believe it's been four years. I love it so though, always a good time and lots of people I don't see too often.

So...what did we do this year?!

There were three games.

I...am drawing a blank on the first. Isn't that weird?? Oh duh, Guaca Idol of course! We did a remake of "Wheels on the bus". It actually came together pretty well, I thought we were a synch to win until we all fell apart during the actual performance...it was all deeply amusing though. Some of us were having a difficult time controlling our laughter...

The second was a picture scavenger hunt, we were given pictures of things, and we had to find them throughout a neighborhood. And that's...that. It was a lot of fun, but it felt a little more like filler. I have a different idea for next year's scavenger hunt. *rubs hands together and laughs fiendishly* Muahahahahaha.

And then...pizza making. There were a lot of nasty pizzas with stuff like skittles and peanut butter. Ours supposedly was really good (guacamole, lemons, pineapple, and peppers, I know what you're thinking that man should be a chef) but some people on my team insisted on putting DIRT on it, which made NO SENSE to me whatsover, I was like "omg what is wrong with y'all" but people are people... no use getting upset over silly things...

And that...was Guaca Day 09. I dyed my hair yellow and green as per tradition of course...I wanted to make sure to record everything for posterity's sake...earlier today I realized I couldn't remember what all we did two years ago.

For LGD #5 I'm hoping to judge for the first time. Playing games is fun but I'm a terrible song maker (although I did write our song for the first Guaca Idol I guess) and...it just seems more fun to judge, and since I'm one of the original Guaca people, I'm pretty sure I get dibs...

And that is all. In other, boring news I finished chapter 3 and will post it soon. I'm excited because the plot is picking up a little. I want the first four chapters to be exciting but there's a lot of setting up I have to do at the same time...

No comments: