Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Span Tags

I was proofreading the version of That Hideous Slumber approved for publishing and was mortified to find SPAN TAGS lurking in more than one chapter. They're leftover from when I used blogger as my word processor, before a kind friend gave me a copy of Microsoft Word. What I didn't know was, I'd filled my story with HTML tags that needed to be deleted and repaired. I REAMED my book for them and would have sworn on my life that I got them all, but when I brought up the offending chapter on my phone, there they were. I published a book with random code instead of italics, ruining the experience for my readers.

Needless to say I'm embarrassed that I put out a shoddy product like this. It mars the launch of my book terribly. If you are reading this after having purchased my book and you're upset, please let me know and I will do what I can to make it right. Email me (leuke0@gmail.com) with your email receipt from Amazon, and I will provide you a new copy for free.

The print version, coming this weekend will (Lord willing!) be free of all remaining typos. I was going to launch it today but I want to make sure I get it right, so I'm going to take a little extra time. I'm also going to be resubmitting the Kindle version, so if you haven't bought the digital version yet, but you're considering it, hold off for just a bit until I get a better version up there.

No comments: