Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another old poem!

"Untitled #4"

O temporary starlight,
won't you tell me
my real name.
Oh no, fade not! Do not leave me.
O streetlamps,
do not leave me, this night

In my bones,
somewhere in the marrow
the city slumbers,
and the clouds sleep in the sky,
all is silent above,
and they watch no more,
the clouds and the stars,
they watch no more.

But where will you find me?
Floating six inches,
off the ground.
Gravity it seems,
is losing its grip on me.

Four feet underwater?
You didn't know I could,
didn't know it was true,
but I breathe truer, freer air,
under the waves.

Or perhaps with a cheek,
at rest on the pavement,
listening to the city rumble,
as it snores, so peacefully.

Oh temporary starlight,
before the sun comes back around,
in sweet sunrise,
won't you tell me,
just whisper,
my real name.

No comments: