Monday, July 26, 2010

New Moon

I wrote a poem. I haven't written poetry in a long time, so it's kind of rough. Let me know what you think! I guess I was jealous of either House of Heroes or Stephanie Meyer... you decide.

"New Moon"

Every night when the world goes black,
I know I can count on you,
to light up the sky,
Your gravity compels,
I'm lost in the breakers you stir,
with your effortless grace.

Even a crescent can make the ocean waver,
just a sigh from your heavenly heights,
and the waves crash high and low,
and my heart slides away with the tide,
I could be caught in the endless depths,
but I know you're still there above me,

Well it's a new moon now,
and I can't see anything in the darkness,
but I just close my eyes,
and I can still feel your gravity,
pulling on my heart,
guiding me towards home

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like it. i like it alot.