Saturday, October 26, 2013

New poem

New poem... I thought I had written more than nine untitled poems, but the last one I found was "#9"

"Untitled #10"

Did it pass you by?
Did the moment slip,
like waterfalls and rivers,
like raindrops, morning mist,
immutable, impossible
to hold,
we are feeling around in the dark and the drizzle,
trying to find our way with eyes closed,
so very tight

Did it pass me by? 
Did the moment slip, 
like an electric jolt,
in one palm and out the other
immutable, impossible to hold
I don't think it did,
I am where I am,
I am where I am meant to be
All those million million million possibilities,
are nothing but nonsense,

Did it pass her by? 
did the moment slip,
like hair cut away,
little strands slipping to the floor
within reach but swept away
and you stand from the chair,
just a little bit different.
All those lives we never live,
all those things we never did instead,
they can stack up to the ceilings 
and it won't matter
we are where we are,
and we are who we are.
Never mind. 

No comments: