Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Update for the Sake of an Update

Hi!!

I know, I know, it's been a long time. What can I say, I've been busy. I started playing Ultimate Frisbee AND softball recently. I'd forgotten how much I love ultimate. It felt good to dive, roll around in the dirt, and yes... score a goal again, even though we didn't win.

I'm on chapter seven of my current book now, and even though I've been getting bombarded with new story ideas, I've been sticking with it. So far I think it's turning out well.

I'd like to say I'll post something soon... but I will not.

Why, you ask?? So far, the first three chapters have not gotten a SINGLE SOLITARY review. That's right, not one. So until then... I may not post anything at all. That's right... that could include short stories and poetry too...

But really, blogging has just become less of a concern to me. I used blogger as a word processor last year to write That Hideous Slumber, but a friend was kind enough to give me Microsoft Word recently, so I've been using that instead. So now there's a transition kind of process to blogging chapters, so it's just not worth my time if nobody's reading them.

Now... it may sound like I am despairing over my current lack of audience, but I'm not. It will come with time. All I have to do is keep working on these stories, keep whiling away, and God will do the rest.

Or not. Maybe I'll never get published. I write for the art of it first and foremost, so I don't expect finding an audience to be easy. My stories can never and will never appeal to everyone... And of course, I'm still learning. I still have a long way to go before I'll feel like I've mastered storytelling.

Anyways, I'm rambling, aren't I?? My apologies. In short, still at work on Child of Thunder, still editing THS, still work at Best Buy, still wish I lived on a beach, still wish it rained more, still a coffee addict, still have braces (though not for much longer), still pregnant.

Stay classy, llamas.

Currently reading:

-Reckless by Cornelia Funke
-Legacy of the Force: Exile by Aaron Allston
-The Cloud Atlas by Liam Callanan
-The Gospel of John
-Haggai

Currently Listening:

-"Kid A" -- Radiohead
-"The King of Limbs" -- Radiohead
-"Greatest Hits" -- Foo Fighters
-"Tron Legacy" -- Daft Punk
-"Tron Legacy: Reconfigured" -- Daft Punk

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Child of Thunder....pleeease put up next chapter??

Rebekah said...

Child of Thunder....pleeease put up next chapter??

Leuke said...

Ok! Will do! I've got three more chapters finished... I'll try to post them soon. :)