Saturday, April 9, 2011

Child of Thunder (Second Poem)

I wrote another poem based on my current book, Child of Thunder... let me know what you think. I've been working on fleshing out and outlining the story as a whole, and while I don't have it completely figured it out, I'm getting there. This poem reflects that a little bit, but doesn't really give anything away. Originally I wrote it as something to possibly proceed the novel as an introduction of sorts, but I'm not sure about that. Also... chapter four is now up, so if you have read it, feel free to leave me some feedback...

"Child of Thunder #2"

I've got a forgotten world on my heart,
a lost place in my hollow chest,
where all my thoughts hide,
like fireflies in a jar
All is bruised with dark and war,
child of woe, watch and pray
though all is wrong now,
a sound of thunder shall rend the earth

when time flows backward,
when the lost hour is ringing out,
midnight's bells shall peal,
and the curse you've borne loses its grasp
if you've lost your way,
child of embers, watch and pray
though all is wrong now,
the sons of thunder shall rend the earth

There is a sacrifice waiting in the wings,
a boy to take a stand among kings
from the ashes a phoenix bursts
the forgotten world shall emerge,
like flowers from seed,
moth from cocoon
Sons and daughters of distress, look and see,
all will be made right
the child of thunder shall rend the earth

No comments: