Thursday, March 10, 2011

You're a ray, ray, ray, you're a sunbeam ray

Brief update:

I finished chapter four of Child of Thunder. Loving the story so far. I also have been getting inspiration for some of my other, older stories. I wish I had time to write them all! I've also been getting ideas for a new story that I think is going to be called the Spring Life. It was going to be a short story but as I thought it over I realized it would be much better given proper breathing room.

I think it would work best if I could split myself in five. Then I would write Child of Thunder, The Unstoppable, The Red Elevators, The Sleepless Inferno, and the Spring Life at the same time. :( As it stands, sadly, there is only one of me, but that probably isn't going to stop me from trying... I'll post new writing soon!!

As to publishing That Hideous Slumber... I still haven't tried yet. I know! I'm such a slacker about publishing. It's time I'd rather spend writing! But. I found some agents I thought might be good. I just need to write and send out a few query letters. I was going to do so last week, but I realized there was a problem with all italics I used in THS, so I have to go back and do some heavy editing. I want my story all prepared before I send anything out, so that I have can have a manuscript ready to go if they ask for one.

Later llamas!!

PS... I'll try to update more often.

Currently listening:

-Eisley -- "The Valley"
-Radiohead -- "Ok Computer"
-Abandon Kansas -- "Ad Astra Per Aspera"
-Thom Yorke -- "The Eraser"
-Lecrae -- "Rehab"

Recent reads:

-"The Endless Knot" -- Stephen R. Lawhead
-"Legacy of the Force: Tempest" -- Troy Denning
-The Walking Dead, vols 1-4

2 comments:

Conversetotheoscars said...

Thanks for the comment! That was very encouraging. Acting and writing are a lot alike. Both creative expressions with no real guarantee of a paycheck. But I think we're the luckiest, I'd much rather be doing something I loved, even if it had to mean job insecurity sometimes.

That's awesome that you are writing so many books!! Who knows, maybe they will hit it big and become the next Twilight or Harry Potter. :)

Leuke said...

Absolutely... sometimes the greater the risk, the better the payoff. It just takes a lot of hard work, and maybe a little nailbiting and insecurity.

Wellll in truth I'm just focusing on one right now, but I tend to jot down random fragments here and there for other stories, due to the rebelliousness of my brain. That's the kind of success most writers can only dream about, but it would be amazing to have that many people enjoy my work. Speaking of who knows... we could both wind up pretty famous, really...