Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Poem

I wrote another new poem today. I think I like it quite a bit, but you are welcome to judge it however you see fit. Today I wrote, watched Toy Story 3 with my little sisters, and wrote some more. All I want to do today is write. I haven't gotten very far on chapter five of my current work, but I did make a little progress. Anyways, without further delay, here is the poem.

"Dance With Your Eyes Closed"

Life is a pattern I never understood,
Lessons just sweep me off my feet,
leave me dazed and without understanding,
Love is elusive as morning fog,
feels close but you can never touch it.

But I gave up on getting it right,
Gave up perfect perfect perfect,
I just hold to what I know,
everything trustworthy and true,
and follow the stories
wherever they lead
down every rabbithole,
through every castle in the clouds

Maybe I'm dancing with my eyes closed,
walking into traffic without looking
but no car is going to hit me,
I walk through life blindfolded,
but I never lose my way

I'll walk across the coals,
leap off every cliff,
give up everything I own
and far more besides,
but if there's one thing I could never do,
it's turn back, give in, let go

You may think me a fool,
you can laugh all you like,
but I know you'll never find your way either,
till you put on that blindfold
and dance with your eyes closed.

No comments: