Saturday, March 17, 2012

Poem


“Joy!”

In the dark I've traveled endlessly,
Lonely, weary, and lost
Searching for a chance,
All I wanted was an opportunity for joy,
But I found, in my time of desert wandering,
That for one with open eyes,
Joy is all around us,
Not lost in dark places,
Waiting for us to stumble around,
Until we find it by clumsy accident,
It sits ever before us,
Waiting to be noticed and acknowledged,
It is always there for the seekers,
For the lovers and the lonely,
For you and for me.

Me who needed it like water,
In the scorching sands of deathly thought,
It was there for me
Why are you sad,
Why so sad, when all is joy and light and love,
For those who seek, for those who knock, for those who look hard enough,
At the unseen world visible all around us

And these thoughts I capture with weak words,
In simple verse
Are thoughts of joy,
 when I look not to the dark path behind,
But the light waiting for me at the end of the road

No comments: