Sunday, November 6, 2011

"What I'm Waiting For"

I wrote a new poem. This one came out of me pretty suddenly while I was listening to MuteMath and working out not ten minutes ago... I think I like it a lot.

“What I’m Waiting For”

Solar flare and sunshine
I don’t know what I’m waiting for,
Lunar eclipse and sundog,
I don’t know what I’m waiting for

All the stars to line up,
And call my name,
Perhaps the day will feel brighter,
My clothes fit better,
My hair lay right,
And every song grace my lips,
Beautiful and sweet and strong

I don’t know what I’m waiting for
The proper words are surely there,
But they never come at my call,
Like song birds in the trees,
Lovely and distant, never mine.

But there’s only one word I need,
One to claim and hold and never let go,
I know what I’m waiting for.
Love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

No comments: