Wednesday, December 29, 2010

EXALTATION

I DID IT!! I finished my book! I can hardly believe it. There is still a LOT of work to be done in terms of editing and cleanup, but at the same time, it's all there. Every moment I pictured in my head, all the words, the plot.

What an amazing ride the last nine or so months have been. I've learned so much. I still feel like I have a lot to learn.

I DID IT THOUGH!! I will worry over what a mess it is later... tonight I celebrate thirty wonderful chapters written. I think I have remarked before on how much writing a novel feels like having a child. I certainly feel something like love for my book. Even if it is ugly to the rest of the world, I'm still going to cherish it. I don't expect much, and I still want honest opinions no matter how negative, but there is something special about this moment, and this work, no denying it.

And soon enough... it'll be time to start my next book!

No comments: