Thursday, January 25, 2007

Joy

I'm not sure how familiar everyone is with this, but every tuesday and thursday some of the peeps that are going to FRCC get together for a "bible study" (Dave always calls it a time to encourage each other about our school day but bible study is easier to pronounce). And at the end, I was struck to thank God for something I have never in my life thanked him for.

Joy.

From someone who nearly lost a battle with constant sadness, it is striking to me that today I feel nothing but a deep happiness and a contentment about where I am and what I have. Especially since I am still aware of what I lack...from little things, like the fact that I forgot to shave this morning (my bad memory strikes again), to the uncertainty I feel about my future. I guess it's because when it's all in perspective, it doesn't matter. Even what I'm going to do with the next couple years is a little thing compared to the rest of eternity, and God knows every hair on my head and every beat of my heart and every step I take anyhow, so it's not like anything's out of control. It's just out of my control, and that's a good thing.

God is so good to me. All the change in me is His doing completely...

(1/25/2007)

1 comment:

Franz Schneider said...

Bryce,

That is excellent, bro! The Lord has been showing me what true joy is by raising my excitement in the Gospel--what Christ has accomplished on the cross and how insanely amazing that is! And bro, we have God Himself, the Holy Spirit living inside of us! Wow!!!! The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in us as Christians (Romans 8:11)! Wooooow!!! We have all the reason that exists to be joyful and overflow with it for all eternity! Wow! Wow! Wooooooow!! Woohoo!!! Wow!!

God bless, bro,
-Franz